2016 was quite the year for CAPREIT!
2016 was quite the year for CAPREIT! We continued to grow while celebrating our wonderful tenants & staff achievements across the country.
Some of this past year's highlights include:
- The launch of our new website which was the recipient of 2 awards this year including the 2016 WebAward for Outstanding Achievement in Web Development & the 2016 FRPO Award for Best Property Management Website.
- Touring the Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia office in Halifax and delivering school supplies for resettled families.
- Planting trees at our Knightsbridge community in Brampton, Ontario with the help of our staff, residents & Brampton's Fire Chief.
- Uber Magic visiting our Toronto Head Office… We are still in awe with the magician's performance!
- The Canadian Federation of Apartment Associations Awards: Winner in the category of Renovation of the year for Stubbs Apartments (44 Stubbs Drive, North York).
- Awarded the best place to work in Atlantic Canada!
- Being one of the top 50 Best Employers in Canada for 4 years in a row!
- Working closely with East Scarborough Storefront and City of Toronto Tower Renewal project at our 4000 Lawrence building which has the tallest mural in Scarborough painted on its side. The program is aimed at bring communities closer together through art.
- Participated in the Love Brampton program bringing the community of Brampton, specifically our Knightsbridge community closer. There were carnival games, face painting, snowcones, basketball drills and much more. This was open to all Brampton residents, not just CAPREIT, living in the area.
- Expanding our SummerPalooza program across the GTA to now include 10 communities.
- Summer BBQs & Resident Appreciation Events at our communities across the country.
- The 2016 Federation of Rental-Housing Providers of Ontario Awards: Winner for Best Property Management Website & Resident Manager of the Year for Janice at our Windsor Apartments in Burlington.
- Sponsoring the 2016 Annual Downtown Burlington Candlelit Stroll.
- Organizing Craft Night with the children of Harbour View Apartments in Halifax.
- Donating toys to the Alberta Children's Hospital with the help of our generous Calgary residents.
We could not have achieved any of this without our amazing residents & staff across the country. Wishing everyone all the best in 2017 and looking forward to further growth and achievements!