July long weekend
is not only a time to spend with family and friends, it's a weekend to celebrate
diversity, change, environment, youth, inclusion, reconciliation and Indigenous
peoples. There are festivities running all weekend, nation-wide, to enjoy and
bring communities together. Here are a few of the activities happening around
Canada to help celebrate this monumental weekend.
- Canada Place: a two day event July 1 st & 2
nd with special musical performances by Fefe Dobson, Hey Ocean!,
Madeline Merlo, Sam Roberts, The Matinee, Dragonette and more!
Place: July 1 st fireworks show starting at 10:30pm
- Canada Day Parade July 2 nd starting at 5:00pm-6:30pm. The
parade will start at the corner of Georgia and Broughton Streets and end at West
- Olympic Plaza: Calgary Stampede
Canada Day and Harry the Horse Birthday Bash from 11:00am-4:00pm (July 1
- Fort Calgary: Free pancake breakfast, live
entertainment, a petting zoo and children's crafts from 9:00am- 5:00pm (July
- Center Street Bridge: Firework show synchronized with music
starting at approximately 10:45pm.
- Parliament Hill: Opening ceremony at 11:40am with Justin Trudeau,
Governor General David Johnston, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of
Cornwall. Afterwards there will be an airshow and featured music performances by
Bono, Walk off the Earth, Patrick Watson, Buffy Sainte-Marie and The edge of U2
- Parliament Hill: Evening concert starting at 8:30pm featuring
Gordon Lightfoot, Dean Brody, Alessia Cara, Serena Ryder, Kennie Starr and
- July 1 st Annual Firework show starting at 11:00pm
lasting approximately 20 minutes. The show will be synchronized with music and
fireworks will be set off from 5 different locations (including Nepean Point and
- Parliament Hill: Celebration of Diversity
from 1:30-5:00pm (July 1 st ).
- Free admission July 1
st to many national museums such as the Canadian History Museum,
Royal Canadian Mint, Canada War Museum and Canadian Aviation Museum and more!
- Old Port: July 1 st Opening
Ceremonies from 11:00am-12:00pm including flag raising and national anthem
performed by the Military Brass Band
- Old Port: Flag making workshop
from 12:00pm-8:00pm with sessions every 20 minutes (July 1 st
- Old Port: free concert starting at 2:30pm featuring Renee
Robitaille, Alain Lamontagne, Mathieu Lippé, Francois Lavallée et Pierre-Olivier
Dufresne (July 1 st ).
- Old Port: 30 minute firework show
starting at 10:00pm (July 1 st )
- At or near Place Des
Festivals: Montreal Jazz festival offering dozens of free and ticketed shows to
attend indoor and outdoor. Starting at 11:00am- past midnight (July 1
- Alderney landing: Free
Canada day pancake breakfast starting at 8:00am until 9:00am (July 1).
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site: Official Canada Day opening
ceremonies 12:00pm-2:00pm (July 1).
- Halifax commons: Free outdoor
concert featuring Deadmau5 and Cube 2.1 starting at 5:00pm with firework show at
10:00pm (July 1).