The safety and security of residents is a primary concern for us and more than likely is a top priority for you. While you do not want to be paranoid, you do want to exercise caution. Following these security measures will minimize potential danger to yourself, your family and your friends.
1. Never leave your apartment door unlocked. This includes when you leave to get the mail or take out the trash. If you live on the ground floor with access to the outside, be sure to keep your windows or doors locked when you leave.
2. Never open your door to a stranger. Require all utility/repair people to provide identification before opening the door and allowing entry into your apartment. If there is no peephole, have the repairman slip the ID under the door so you can check it out. If still uncertain, look up the telephone number, (do not accept one they give you) and call to verify the information.
3. Do not hesitate to call the police immediately if you see suspicious activity. Then take steps to report it to your Apartment Manager. If you report it to the manager first it may be too late for would be criminals to be caught in the act.
4. Law Enforcement and Crime Prevention officials advise keeping a light on at night. As a general rule apartment complex properties are well lit both inside and outside. If you notice that a light is out, notify the management. A well-lit area is the best way to prevent vandalism.
5. Because of the large amount of vehicles in one area, parking lots are a target for vandalism. To avoid damage to your car, do not leave valuable items within visibility. Do keep doors locked and park in well lighted areas if possible.
If you are a resident of one of our buildings and have any concerns regarding safety, please speak to your building staff, email us at email@example.com or call our toll-free 24 hour CAP CARES customer service line at 1-855-227-6478.